WOW!! That title was a little hard to write - surreal really. I am constantly amazed at how fast time seems to go by. The past year has been amazing though. Ella is such a little girl now - really coming into her own. She is one of the sweetest souls I've ever known and is such a joy to be around (let me also say that she does in fact have her "moments" as well). Every single day I thank God for blessing us with her - what a gift from above!! We celebrated her birthday this year much like last year's - family and friends over at our house for celebration. We had a Spring Bug theme, with ladybug, caterpillar, bumble bee, flower cupcakes, and a special butterfly cupcake for the birthday girl. We also decorated baskets and had a bug egg hunt and bouncy houses (and Ella's birthday gift - a playset). Ella had a great time! On Ella's actual birthday (Monday), we went to our regular Gymboree Art class at which time the "terrible 2's" began - I really didn't expect them to happen THAT quickly!! Not sure what happened with her, but it was crazy! Afterwards, Ella and I had a birthday lunch with our friends Seah and Sophie (turning 2 soon as well!) and ended the evening by going out to dinner with Daddy and having ice cream. She has been so cute telling everyone that she is "toooooooooo" - I've got to be so much better about video taping her! I just wanted to take a moment to write and honor her birthday and express my gratitude of being her mommy...
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Happy 2nd Birthday Ella!!
Posted by Isaac, Kelly and Ella at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Big Girl...I am so sorry that I didn't call. It is a little crazy around here with a full blown two going on three year old---I can already say enjoy the two's(eekk!) She is such a cutie..I really miss you guys and know that Caleb would love to see her. Your words about her are so sweet...she is very lucky to have a mommy like you---and I guess a daddy like her's too :)
Oh Kelly! How sweet. She is such a young lady. I can really see how much she looks like you more and more.
And yes...we do need to schedule that lunch date! We had a crazy flight home. I'll have to tell you later.
She's a darling, and I love the cupcakes!
i didn't know you had a blog?
i've been out in left field evidently!
she is such a doll!
Post a Comment